Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Werewolf Video Round-Up!

In the months since I last updated, I've found several werewolf transformations videos floating around the web...

Creature Feature: I'm guessing the artist is an animation student. If so, I'm glad he chose this subject for his assignment. There are good close-ups of the hand and face transforming--I wish there was some clothes-ripping too, but I guess that's too time-consuming and difficult with solo computer animation.






Wolves: William Wei is a Taiwanese rock star--last spring he released a song called "Wolves," whose music video shows him turning into a werewolf. The transformation starts off well with some very smooth CGI, but ends way too early. His final form looks too much like a Teen Wolf version of a werewolf--a face mask with fake ears and teeth.






Werewolf Spotlight: this is rather unusual--a silhouette transformation. Normally I wouldn't feature that sort of thing, but I liked the level of detail, along with the sound effects.






Friends: a short about relationships gone monstrously wrong...
There are actually two transformations in the video, both fluidly rendered via the sketchy art style.






Full Moon: I'm cheating by including this last video (when you see the end you'll understand why), but it's cute and funny, and well-drawn.

No comments: