Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Growing Pains--Available for Viewing!

Growing Pains is a Danish short film about a teenaged boy who turns into a werewolf whenever he gets sexually aroused (you can see the trailer here). I discussed it a while back, and now I can report that it's available for rental, at this page.

The rental price is low ($3.40), and the film is more than worth it. Actually it's terrific--the first non-disappointing werewolf movie in years. It's even better than expected, and has three transformation scenes! The first alone is worth the price of rental, and the movie is funny, unsettling, kinky, and has something valuable to say about the harm of sexual repression and the need to release one's inner beast.

Werewolves have often been seen as metaphors for out-of-control sexual urges, puberty, and even erections (in transformation scenes the body grows like a monstrous penis). Many werewolf films have tried to make use of those metaphors--Growing Pains is the first to successfully employ all of them.

This is an independent movie and needs all the support it can get. I highly recommend renting Growing Pains.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, seen it to. Very well made short animation movie. The transformations are too impressive though male on female sex is not my thing, it is still arrousing though ^^

greetz,

Dutch_Bull

Apuleius said...

Glad you liked it Dutch Bull, and congratulations on the recent update!

Furio said...

Hehe, I agree. Not into straight sex, but I was so incredibly aroused by how his body changes and grows during his arousal (exactly how I feel as I watch these videos!), and I loved the ending (though it just made me long even more to be intimate with such a big, sexy beast). So frustrating that you have to pay for it for EVERY viewing...

Puberty, transformation, "birth", the discovery of the incredible sexual self... I love them all SO MUCH.... Really glad someone put them all together in a context that was ultimately more positive than not. :)

Plus, seeing that wolf actually produce ejaculate rather made me explode in turn. *BLUSH!!!* <3

Apuleius said...

Yes, I wish the rental covered more than one viewing (usually they're for a set time period).

Scenes like seeing the werewolf "explode" show just how daring Growing Pains is--it goes farther into the intersection of adolescence, arousal, and animality than any other werewolf film.
The only way it would have been more perfect would have been if we'd seen the genitalia change as well, but we'll have to wait a few more years until filmmakers can get away with that. "Wolf Cop" showed it could be done for laughs, so maybe a less-comedic attempt will happen soon.

Thanks again for commenting Furio, and Happy new Year!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crimean said...

I've waited a long time to see a film with all these elements in it, and even though it was short I must say I was not disappointed.

Anonymous said...

There are any female tf's?

Apuleius said...

No, there are no female TFs.