Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Monster, Turtle, and Wolf Transformations)

Daymon suggested posting the following clip from episode 39 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon that aired from 2003-09. It shows several folks turning into demonic-looking monsters. (I had the video precisely cued, but embedding it made the clip start several seconds too early. Just watch and wait.)



This made me remember another transformation scene from that show. In the episode "Adventures in Turtle-Sitting," Donatello, the brainiest of the turtles, mutates into a mindless, hulking, turtle monster. I posted that clip several years ago, but since I've found a better quality video, I decided to delete the old post and place the video here:


I love how his muscles seem to bubble as they grow, and then burst through his belt and arm and leg bands. Sadly, we don't get to see the second phase of Don's mutation, where he grows a snout and long tail, but his final form is visible at the 08:58 mark


The 2003 TMNT series concluded with the movie Turtles Forever, which included a call-back to the wolf mutant named Rahzar:


No comments: