Saturday, March 30, 2013

Homemade Werewolf Animation (Werewolf Transformations)

Amateur/homemade animation is an area we've slightly neglected on this blog, but we hope to make amends. There are several videos of this type on youtube, and though we won't be able to cover them all in this post, we'll make a start.


I'm slightly cheating with our first example, since it's from a professional animation studio, but I suppose it qualifies as "homemade". Plus, it gives you a useful behind-the-scenes look at its creation:




Ending on a similar amusing note is our second example, which is a genuine amateur effort:





Our third example qualifies as fan-art, since it shows a character from the show Code Lyko turning into a werewolf. This was obviously a hand-drawn labor-of-love, and we salute the artist's attention to detail:


For a look at the fan-art that inspired this video, take a look at this werewolf-themed deviantart folder.



The fourth example is my personal favorite. The artist was obviously inspired by the Oozaru transformation scenes from Dragonball--the nicely masculine metamorphosis is slowly depicted, body part by body part:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my favorite home made werewolf TF : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGMmxzZarBw

Apuleius said...

I realized at the last moment, right before I hit the "post" button, that I'd forgotten about that video. I agree that it's terrific, and will try to put it in the next update.