Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Late Phases (Werewolf Transformation)

I'm honored to have received this video from the great werewolf connoisseur Herpscott. It's the transformation scene from the recent film Late Phases. After years of over-reliance on CGI, it's a delight to see filmmakers rediscover the power of practical effects. Like Wolf Cop, the transformation scene is the skin-ripping type, which isn't my favorite, but no one can deny that it isn't well-done and gripping. Thanks again Scott!


Werewolf Transformation 2 by blackjack60

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love skin rips.
It's like opening a present.

Apuleius said...

That's an extremely interesting way of looking at them! Glad you liked the video!

Furio said...

I agree. I'm not big into skin rips because they're usually bloody and gorey, but this is thankfully not... And while the "birth" aspect is seen as horrific to some, I find it incredibly arousing and beautiful (and wish it wasn't done in a "horror" context). The idea that a new being is born from deep within his body is so exciting to me... :)

Plus, very nice initial closeup of his chest and focus on his changing feet... Had some good moments! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Apuleius said...

You're very welcome Furio! As it turns out, the TF is also available on Dutch Bull's site, and can be downloaded from there as well.

Furio said...

I think I like yours better....the closeup of his chest in the beginning is a major turn on. ;) Reminds me of the chest hair growth on the youth in Company of Wolves (that was my favorite part, and least horrific).