Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Battledogs (Werewolf Transformation)

I had very low expectations for Battledogs--after all, it's a "SyFy Original Movie." And, truth be told, I fast-forwarded through most of it (life is short, so sue me). However, there's a transformation scene near the beginning, which I am pleased to bring to you. Since the scene cuts off abruptly, I've included a snippet beforehand to show you what the werewolf design is like. My comments are below...




The werewolves look ratty and remind me too much of those in the American Being Human. However, I was still pleasantly surprised by this scene. It looks like even the folks who make SyFy movies are getting better at handling CGI, and even using it to more closely mimic classic, pre-CGi effects--as with the face morphs (too bad we don't see the muzzles fully grow out) and nice shirt and shoes ripping with digital fur underneath.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey have you ever heard of the show "New Getter Robo"? If you can find it there are some great Oni transformations on there. Episodes 1 and 3 epsecially

Apuleius said...

Thanks very much for the tip! I haven't heard of the show but I'll be sure to check it out.

Masonc1 said...

I was watching a commercial and noticed a girl looked like she was turning into a mouse. Apparently there are a few transformations in "Grimm", though I've never seen it. Apparently the commercial I saw was for "One angry fuchsbau".
Do you know anything about it?

Apuleius said...

Hello Mason,
Thanks for writing in. Grimm has lots of transformations--unfortunately, they're face-only, and consist of extremely quick CGI. You see most of them at Shadowlord % Co.: http://www.shadowlordinc.com/show.tfClips?Show.Id=1163

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all you are doing here for our, more or less, little community. You always bring us good stuff and I have been watching this site for a long while and never, untill now, said thank you for all you do. :)

ps. I do have some Transformation videos on my Harddrive, I could upload these someplace and you can do with whatever you think. Just answer this post of mine and I will read :)

Apuleius said...

Thanks very much for the kind words! They help me keep this blog going and make it worthwhile.
Thank you for the offer of TF videos as well. Perhaps you could send me an email describing the videos and their content, and we'll take it from there. (My email is knowntoonlyone at gmail dot com.)