Sunday, March 31, 2024

Titans: Beast World (Lion, Starfish, Turtle, Wolf, Cat, and Fox Transformations)

This multi-issue crossover series involves various superheroes being transformed into beast-people. I thought the story was rather dopey and I was underwhelmed by the transformations, but let's see what you think. 

The fun starts in Titans: Beast World #1. Beast Boy, while in whale form, turns into the alien Starro (a really big starfish):





Then, to make a long story short, little starros start falling from the sky and into people's mouths, turning them into anthropoid beasts. Black Adam is the first to transform:


 


The fun continues in Titans: Beast World Tour Metropolis, when Jimmy Olsen turns into a giant turtle (which he's done on other occasions). He attacks a bridge and eventually turns back to normal:



In Titans: Beast World #2, Batman gets infected with a spore by another beast-person and turns into a man-wolf (why not a vampire bat?):





In Nightwing #109, Damian Wayne (obnoxious son of Bruce), the current Robin, is force-fed a spore and gets in touch with his feline side:




 

He turns back to normal in Nightwing #110:


 

Nightwing himself becomes a real fox in Titans #6 and 7--he reverts in the latter issue as well:







Finally, both Batman and Beast Boy are cured in Titans: Beast World #6:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Story was corny, but it is a comic book. I’m just grateful for whoever the closeted furry at DC is for giving us this content. Here’s hoping we’ll get an animated feature full of tf content in a few years.

Apuleius said...

I definitely wouldn't object to that!

Wolfy said...

Seriously, infect me with a star spore thing, let me use it to turn into my werewolf side and regurgitate it, but keep it alive to become human again, but let me keep it to be able to shift back and forth! If that's not an option, I'll still take the initial change and allow it to bond with me, hopefully allowing me to shift back and forth still. If that isn't possible then just leave me be to be in my werewolf form forever!