Saturday, July 13, 2013

Le Collège Invisible (Werewolf and Zombie Transformations)

This comedic bande dessinée is about some teenagers attending a school for magic (sounds familiar?). In Volume 2, Thomas (the hero William's best friend) contracts lycanthropy, giving rise to the following dialogue:
-- Uh ... William, I'm growing hair.
-- At our age that's normal Thomas. It's puberty, your body changes, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
--No, I'm really growing hair.


The comic than skips ahead a couple pages before returning to the transformation:
I'm not going to translate the whole page, but "couché" obviously is equivalent to "sit!"


After Thomas wakes up human the next day, he's told of his condition, and asks if he was bitten last month. That should be easy to verify, says William:
"Ah," says William, "you see, I was right...you can still see the mark. Crazy! My friend is a werewolf. My cousin will be jealous--his friend is just a redhead."


Later we get a one-panel transformation:


After this, we get another one-panel TF in Volume 4, when Thomas is in a magic competition with someone who foolishly generates a fool moon...


Lastly, in Volume 7 Thomas is held at gunpoint and comes up with a visual simile:


And that's all. The series has reached 10 volumes, but with no decent werewolf transformations in the last three entries. However, as a bonus I'm throwing in a zombie/ghoul transformation from Volume 5. Enjoy mes amis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see this comic pages, makes me feel want to read it. Do you know where I can download or read their comic online?

Apuleius said...

It's been a while since I found the scans used here, but I suggest googling the name of the comic and "télécharger," which is French for "download."