Saturday, June 29, 2013

Homemade Werewolf Animation 3 (Werewolf Transformations)

Hello everyone, and sorry about my absence (June was a depressing month). But I'm back, and many thanks to Drake for prompting the post below.

I'm not a big fan of computer animation. I can't even recall seeing a really good computer-animated werewolf transformation. Until today that is--thanks to an artist named Medhue.

Let's start with his early test animation:

Pretty good, and the multiple angles are a nice bonus.


Here's a later, more atmospheric effort:

As with the earlier piece, Medhue has taken advantage of the smoothness of digital effects, but he's used it to  further detail the transformation, instead of using the too-fast morphing we're used to with computer animation.


And now we come to his magnum opus (so far):

More and more cartoons on TV are computer animated. Should any of these shows try a transformation scene, I hope they're as good as Medhue's.

1 comment:

Drake Silverman said...

Ya I've been watching them on youtube and love the transformation but even though the visuals are good but the Audio still need some work